TERMS OF SERVICE
Last Revised: March 15, 2018
THIS AGREEMENT CONTAINS A MANDATORY ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PROVISION IN SECTION 20 THAT REQUIRES THE USE OF ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS TO RESOLVE DISPUTES, RATHER THAN JURY TRIALS OR CLASS ACTIONS.
IF YOU BECOME A PVSSY SUBSCRIBER AND PAY BY CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD (OR OTHER PAYMENT METHOD ASSOCIATED WITH AN AUTOMATICALLY RENEWING SUBSCRIPTION), YOUR SUBSCRIPTION WILL AUTOMATICALLY RENEW FOR CERTAIN PERIODS OF TIME IF YOU DO NOT CANCEL PRIOR TO THE END OF THE TERM. SEE SECTIONS 13(c) AND (d) FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE AUTOMATIC RENEWAL TERMS APPLICABLE TO SUBSCRIPTIONS.
Your use of certain Services may be subject to additional terms and conditions, and such terms and conditions will be either listed in this Agreement, or will be presented or accessible to you by Pvssy when you sign up to use, or use, such Services ("Additional Terms"). All such Additional Terms are incorporated by reference into this Agreement unless otherwise indicated. This Agreement does not alter in any way the terms or conditions of any other agreement you may have with Pvssy for products, services or otherwise.
All visitors to or users of our Sites or Services, whether registered or not, are "users" of the Services for purposes of this Agreement. If you register for the Services by creating an account, you become a "Member".
This Agreement and any policy or guideline of the Services may be modified by Pvssy in its sole discretion at any time. Pvssy shall provide notice of any such modification, which notice shall, at a minimum, consist of posting the revised Agreement to the Sites. When we change the Agreement, we will update the "last revised" date at the top of this page. If you are a non-subscribing user or Member at the time of any modification, unless otherwise indicated, any changes or modifications will be effective immediately upon posting the revisions to the Site or Service, and your use of the Service after such posting will constitute acceptance by you of the revised Agreement. If you are a subscribing Member at the time of any change or modification, unless otherwise indicated this Agreement will continue to govern your membership until such time that your subscription renews as contemplated by Section 13. If you continue your subscription, the renewal will constitute acceptance by you of the revised Agreement. Alternatively, if you terminate your subscription at such time, your use of the Service after your termination will constitute acceptance by you of the revised Agreement. As a result, you should frequently review this Agreement and all applicable terms and policies to understand the terms that apply to your use of the Services. If you do not agree to the amended terms, you must stop using the Services.
- Interactions with Other Users; Criminal Background Screenings. You assume all risk when using the Services, including but not limited to all risks associated with any online or offline interactions with others, including dating. There is no substitute for acting with caution when communicating with any stranger who wants to meet you. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT, CURRENTLY, PVSSY DOES NOT SCREEN ITS USERS, INQUIRE INTO THE BACKGROUND OF ITS USERS, ATTEMPT TO VERIFY INFORMATION PROVIDED BY ITS USERS OR CONDUCT CRIMINAL SCREENINGS OF ITS USERS. YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE THAT PVSSY IS UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO CONDUCT ANY SUCH INVESTIGATIONS. Pvssy does not make any representations, warranties or guarantees as to the conduct of its users, information provided by users, or their compatibility with you. You acknowledge that not all users are available for matching and that Pvssy may create test profiles or accounts to monitor the operation of the Services.
You agree to take all necessary precautions when meeting other users, especially if you decide to meet in person. IN ADDITION, YOU AGREE TO RESEARCH ONLINE DATING SAFETY TIPS PRIOR TO USING OUR SERVICES. These tips should provide general advice aimed at engaging in safer dating practices, such as not providing your last name, home address, place of work, financial information (such as your credit card number or your bank account number) or other identifying information to other users and stopping all communications with anyone who pressures you for personal or financial information or attempts in any way to trick you into revealing it. You agree to treat all other users with dignity and respect and comply with our user conduct rules set forth in Section 3(f) below.
- No Commercial Solicitation or Advertising. You will not engage in any advertising or solicitation to buy or sell any products or services through the use of the Services and you will not transmit any chain letters, junk or spam email to other users. Additionally, you will not use any information obtained from the Services in order to contact, advertise to, solicit or sell to any user without their prior explicit consent.
- User Conduct. Pvssy is not responsible or liable in any manner for the conduct of its users, whether or not such conduct is in connection with the use of the Site or the Services. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU USE THE SERVICES AT YOUR OWN RISK. You agree not to do any of the following in connection with the Services or the users thereof:
- use the Service in any unlawful manner or in a manner that is harmful to or violates the rights of others;
- engage in any unlawful, harassing, obscene, intimidating, threatening, predatory or stalking conduct;
- use the Services in any manner that could disrupt, damage, disable, overburden, impair or affect the performance of the Services or interfere with or attempt to interfere with any other user's use of the Services;
- impersonate any person or entity, or misrepresent your age, identity, affiliation, connection or association with, any person or entity;
- make any commercial use of the Services or promote or solicit involvement in or support of a political platform, religion, cult, or sect;
- defraud, swindle or deceive other users of the Services;
- disseminate another person's personal information without his or her permission, or collect or solicit another person's personal information for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- solicit or engage in gambling or any similar activity or any illegal or unlawful activity;
- use any scripts, bots or other automated technology to scrape or access the Services;
- collect or solicit personal information about anyone under 18;
- use the Service for any phishing, trolling or similar activities;
- use the Service to redirect users to other sites or encourage users to visit other sites;
- harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other users from the Services by electronic or other means or use the Services to send, either directly or indirectly, any unsolicited bulk e-mail or communications, unsolicited commercial e-mail or communications or other spamming or spimming activities;
- attempt to access any Services or area of the Sites that you are not authorized to access; or
- permit or allow other people or third parties to access and use the Services via your account.
- Reporting Violations. If you wish to report any violation of this Agreement by others, including Members, you may do so by using the "Report This Profile" button or similar button or link on the Services or by contacting us.
- Verification and Enforcement. Although Pvssy does not routinely conduct criminal screenings of its users, you agree that Pvssy has the right to do so at its sole discretion, and you consent to such screening and agree to provide to Pvssy, upon request, complete, accurate and current information confirming your eligibility for use of the Services. You understand and agree that if Pvssy believes in its sole discretion that you have violated the terms of this Agreement, misused the Services or behaved in a way that could be regarded as inappropriate, unlawful, illegal or unsafe, Pvssy may, among other things, investigate, take legal action against you and/or terminate your account and cancel your subscription and/or membership.
- USER CONTENT
- Responsibility for User Content. You are solely responsible for the content and information that you provide, publish, transmit, display or otherwise communicate to Pvssy through the Services or to other users (collectively referred to as "post"), including without limitation messages, data, text, photos, video, music, graphics, links or other materials posted through text messages, community pages, email messages, mobile messages, photos and profile information (your submissions and those of other users, collectively, are "User Content"). Pvssy does not control, take responsibility for or assume liability for any User Content posted by you or any third party, or for any loss or damage thereto, nor is Pvssy liable for any mistakes, defamation, slander, libel, omissions, falsehoods, obscenity, pornography or profanity you encounter. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES AND USE THEM AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Accuracy of Information. You will not post any inaccurate, misleading, incomplete or false information or User Content to Pvssy or to any other user. You agree that all images posted to your dating profile are of you and were taken within the last 2 years and agree to update your dating profiles accordingly. You may be required to supply certain information and post a photo of yourself to use the Services.
- No Duty to Review User Content. Although you understand and acknowledge that Pvssy has no duty to prescreen, review, control, monitor or edit the User Content posted by users and is not liable for User Content that is provided by others, you agree that Pvssy may, at its sole discretion, review, edit, refuse to accept or delete User Content at any time and for any reason or no reason without notice, and you are solely responsible for creating backup copies and replacing any User Content you post or store on the Services at your sole cost and expense. This includes Pvssy’s right to modify, crop or “photoshop” any photos you submit to comply with Zoosk's policies, practices and procedures.
- License of User Content to Pvssy. Pvssy claims no ownership or control over your User Content, except as otherwise specifically provided herein, on the Services or in a separate agreement. By submitting or posting User Content, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to Pvssy, its affiliates, licensees and successors an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide right and license to use, copy, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, adapt, modify and distribute such User Content furnished by you and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such information and User Content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing in any medium. You represent and warrant that the User Content and the public posting and use of your User Content by Pvssy will not infringe or violate any third-party rights, including without limitation any intellectual property rights or rights of privacy or publicity, or cause any harm to any third party or violate the terms of this Agreement. You further represent and warrant that you have the written consent of each and every identifiable natural person in your User Content to use such person’s name or likeness in the manner contemplated by the Service and this Agreement, and each such person has released you from any liability that may arise in relation to such use. By posting User Content, you hereby release Pvssy and its agents and employees from any claims that such use, as authorized above, violates any of your rights and you understand that you will not be entitled to any additional compensation for any use of your User Content.
- Use of Proprietary Information of Others. You will not post, copy, transfer, create any derivative works from, distribute, reproduce or show in any manner any copyrighted or trademarked or other proprietary information or materials, including any User Content posted by other users, without the prior consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. You acknowledge that information or materials available through the Services may have copyright protection whether or not it is identified as being copyrighted.
- Prohibited Content. You will not post, transmit or deliver to any other user, either directly or indirectly, any User Content that violates any third-party rights or any applicable law, rule or regulation or is prohibited under this Agreement or any other Pvssy policy governing your use of the Services ("Prohibited Content"). Prohibited Content includes without limitation User Content that:
- is obscene, pornographic, profane, defamatory, abusive, offensive, indecent, nudity, threatening, harassing, inflammatory, inaccurate, misrepresentative, fraudulent or illegal;
- promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- is intended to, or does, harass, or intimidate any other user or third party;
- may infringe or violate any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party, including User Content that contains others' copyrighted content (e.g., photos, images, music, movies, videos, etc.) without obtaining proper permission first;
- contains video, audio, photographs, or images of another person without his or her express written consent or otherwise violates anyone's right of privacy or publicity;
- promotes or enables illegal or unlawful activities, such as instructions on how to make or buy illegal weapons or drugs;
- violates someone's data privacy or data protection rights;
- contains viruses, time bombs, trojan horses, cancelbots, worms or other harmful, or disruptive codes, components or devices;
- contains any advertising, fundraising or promotional content; or
- is, in the sole judgment of Pvssy, objectionable or restricts or inhibits any person from using or enjoying the Services or exposes Pvssy or its users to harm or liability of any type.
PVSSY PROVIDES THE SITES, THE PROPRIETARY MATERIALS AND THE SERVICES ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES (INCLUDING ALL PROPRIETARY MATERIALS AND OTHER INFORMATION AND CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN), INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, ACCURACY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
PVSSY DOES NOT REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT (A) YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED, COMPLETE, ALWAYS AVAILABLE, ERROR-FREE OR WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (B) ANY DEFECTS IN THE SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED OR (C) THE SERVICES ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. PVSSY DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR, AND NO WARRANTY IS MADE WITH RESPECT TO, THE CONNECTIVITY AND AVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICES OR THE DELIVERY OF ANY MESSAGES.
PVSSY DOES NOT HAVE ANY OBLIGATION TO VERIFY THE IDENTITY OF OR SCREEN THE PERSONS SUBSCRIBING TO OR USING THE SERVICES, NOR DOES IT HAVE ANY OBLIGATION TO MONITOR THE USE OF THE SERVICES BY OTHER USERS OF THE COMMUNITY. THEREFORE, PVSSY DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR YOUR INTERACTIONS WITH AND THE CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS AND FOR IDENTITY THEFT OR ANY OTHER MISUSE OF YOUR IDENTITY OR INFORMATION.
PVSSY DOES NOT: (i) GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION ON THE SERVICES, OR (ii) ADOPT, ENDORSE OR ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR THE CONDUCT OF ANY USERS OR MEMBERS OR FOR THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY OPINION, ADVICE, OR STATEMENT MADE BY ANY PARTY OTHER THAN PVSSY. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL PVSSY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE OR HARM OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM ANY USER CONDUCT OR FROM ANYONE'S RELIANCE ON INFORMATION OR OTHER CONTENT POSTED ON THE SERVICES, OR TRANSMITTED TO OR BY ANY USERS.
SOME COUNTRIES AND JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND TERMS IN CONTRACTS WITH CONSUMERS AND AS A RESULT THE CONTENTS OF THIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL PVSSY, ITS AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF PROFITS OR LOSS OF DATA, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, OR THE PROPRIETARY MATERIALS CONTAINED IN OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE SERVICE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY DAMAGES CAUSED BY OR RESULTING FROM RELIANCE BY USER ON ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM PVSSY, OR THAT RESULTS FROM MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DELETION OF FILES OR EMAIL, ERRORS, DEFECTS, VIRUSES, DELAYS IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION OR ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, WHETHER OR NOT RESULTING FROM ACTS OF GOD, COMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, THEFT, DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO PVSSY'S RECORDS, PROGRAMS OR SERVICES. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL PVSSY'S AGGREGATE LIABILITY, IN ANY FORM OF ACTION WHATSOEVER IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR THE USE OF THE SERVICES, EXCEED THE GREATER OF (1) THE AGGREGATE AMOUNT OF FEES FOR PAID SERVICES PAID BY YOU DURING THE IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING SIX MONTHS OR (2) $50.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL PVSSY BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, AND/OR INCIDENTAL, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANYONE ELSE IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, BODILY INJURY, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, IDENTITY THEFT AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES RESULTING FROM COMMUNICATIONS, MEETINGS OR OTHER INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS OF THE SERVICES. THIS INCLUDES ANY CLAIMS, LOSSES OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE CONDUCT OF USERS WHO HAVE REGISTERED UNDER FALSE PRETENSES OR WHO ATTEMPT TO DEFRAUD OR HARM YOU.
SOME COUNTRIES AND JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY IN CONTRACTS WITH CONSUMERS AND AS A RESULT THE CONTENTS OF THIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Unless otherwise provided, this Agreement is effective upon your first use of the Services and shall remain in effect until it is terminated in accordance with the terms of this Agreement.
- Termination by Pvssy. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Agreement, Pvssy may suspend, deactivate or terminate your account and your right to use the Services and may block or prevent your access to and use of the Services at any time in its sole discretion, for any reason or no reason, without explanation and without notice (including without limitation blocking users or Members from certain IP addresses). We also reserve the right to remove or block access to your account information, User Content or data from our Services and any other records at any time at our sole discretion. In the event that we determine that your access to any of the Services is terminated or suspended for cause, such as due to any breach of this Agreement, flagged conduct or content, third party complaints or the implementation of our repeat infringer policy, you agree that all fees then paid to Pvssy by you will be nonrefundable, except as otherwise provided by law, and all outstanding or pending payments under the terms of your subscription will immediately be due and payable. All decisions as to the refundability of the fees are in Pvssy's sole discretion.
- LANGUAGE OF THE AGREEMENT
The language of this Agreement is English. Where Pvssy has provided a translation of the English version of this Agreement, you agree that the translation is provided for your convenience only and that the English language version of this Agreement will govern your relationship with Pvssy. If there is any contradiction between what the English language version of this Agreement says and what a translation says, then the English language version will take precedence.